Following huge demand for the brisket pie recipe we have published the recipe for your pleasure. Enjoy!
- 2-3 tbsp Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 2 Carrots, (diced)
- 3 Celery Sticks (diced)
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 2 cups Beef Stock
- 1 cup Pale Ale
- 3 tbsp Fave BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp Fave BBQ Rub
- Leftover Brisket (diced)
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- Short Crust Pastry (1-2 sheets)
- Puff Pastry (1-2 sheets)
- 1 Egg White (whisked)
- Preheat oven (or smoker) 400f (204c)
- Heat oil in pan then sauté onion, carrot and celery til slightly softened on medium heat
- Add beef stock, BBQ Sauce, BBQ Rub and pale ale and let simmer on low heat for 5 minutes
- Stir through diced leftover brisket
- Gradually add flour to thicken filling to your liking (or more stock or pale ale if needed)
- Once pie filling has desired consistency remove from heat
- Press short crust pastry into pie tin
- Place pie weights (or dry rice) into pastry shell and blind bake until the crust pastry begins to turn golden brown then remove from oven/smoker
- Stir through peas into pie filling (they may turn mushy if added earlier)
- Remove pie weights and add warm pie filling to tin
- Place puff pastry sheet over pie filling making sure all edges are covered (pinching around the tin rim)
- Brush to top crust with the egg wash
- Return to oven/smoker until puff pastry turns golden brown .
Do you want to know how to Choose and Prepare Brisket! Check out the Ultimate Guide!
If you like this then maybe you will love our best cheeseburger ever recipe!